Our first order flew out of the store so we’re happy to let you know these kits have now been re-stocked! They are currently only available in store but telephone orders are welcome – 514-486-5648.
THE SWEATER CARE KIT
The Cocoknits Sweater Care Kit contains everything you need for handwashing and blocking your hand-knit items and all of your fine hand-washables. The kit is perfect for:
- blocking seamless sweaters or accessories which do not require pinning
- washing and drying seamed sweaters, either hand-knit or store-bought
If you knit mostly scarves, shawls, seamed sweaters and other pin-able items, the Knitter’s Block kit is probably best for you.
To protect surfaces from water, lay the Sweater Care Kit on the Knitter’s Block or other surface not susceptible to water damage. Wash super-absorbent towels in cold water and air dry.
The Sweater Care Kit includes:
- two fine mesh, zippered laundry bags (small: 8″ × 12 × 8″, large: 8″ × 22″ × 8″)
- one large super-absorbent towel (dimensions 36″ × 60″)
- one super-absorbent grid towel, inches and centimeters on opposite sides (dimensions 40″ × 40″)
- one mesh pop-up dryer (dimensions 28″ × 34″ opened, 11″ diameter folded)
- a bottle of unscented Eucalan wash
- jute bag (dimensions 15″ × 12″ × 5″)
THE KNITTER’S BLOCK
Everything you need to block your handknits.
- 18 interlocking, fiber-topped EVA foam tiles, each measures 12″ × 12″ (tiles from the new kit are compatible with older Knitter’s Block tiles)
- 40 stainless steel T-pins
- 48″ square cotton cloth woven with 1″ square gingham to help measure your finished piece
- A sturdy jute bag to contain the kit
What makes Knitter’s Block special?
Very low, lightly barbed pile – fabric covering gently grips your knitting without pilling or leaving fibers
Versatile – can be assembled in a variety of sizes from a square for sweater pieces, a long rectangle for scarves or a triangle for shawls
Thick backing of waterproof EVA – suitable for use on any surface since moisture won’t seep through, holds pins firmly in place, blocked items dry faster than with towels because the tiles don’t absorb water
Heat resistant – essential for steam blocking
Compact – blocks are stored in a sturdy 14”x14” bag